Friday, March 25, 2005

Start Having a Great Life

Have you seen the commercials? There was something about that song which caught me, even though I never heard the whole thing. It's "Great Life" by Goat (whose real name is Andy Rosen). You can listen to a clip of it on Amazon.com here. I'm going to have to burn a CD so I can listen to it in my car. It's exactly the kind of song I need to listen to at this time in my life. Something to lift the spirits.

Another good one is "Have Love, Will Travel" by The Sonics. You can listen to a clip here. Another song to add to the CD.

Every so often a song comes along that catches you like that. I can think of a few off the top of my head:
The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)
Our House (Madness)
Beautiful Life (Ace of Bass)
The Sign (Ace of Bass again)
Calling All Angels (Train)
Glory Days (Bruce Springstein)
The Best of What's Around (Dave Matthews Band)
St. Elmo's Fire (John Parr)
What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
All Star (Smash Mouth)
Rock Lobster (The B-52's)
Start the Commotion (The Wiseguys)

So what am I missing? Let's hear some of your favorites.