Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Update the Second - The Orphan Printer

This one ought to be relatively short - it's just about the printer I mentioned in an earlier post. I had told her that I was going to bring it back to her because it wasn't working and she should be able to get it repaired under warranty. She was suspicious of this and told me that I should just sell it or throw it out if I didn't want it.

So Saturday I brought the printer with me and before I rang the bell I set it down on the ground next to the garage door. Once it was all set I rang the bell. I was kind of hoping that she would not see it before I left, but she saw it within a fifth of a second of coming out the front door. She told me that if I didn't put it back in my car that it would just sit there. I told her that it was probably still under warranty and that she had the reciept to prove it. If she didn't want to repair it then she could throw it out.

When I came back to drop off our son it was still sitting on the ground. It will be interesting to see if it's still there (I doubt it will be) when I show up on Sunday morning (we switched days this weekend).