Friday, March 11, 2005

Why I Love My Job

It's been a very busy week for me. As you know, MondayI had the meeting with my manager and his manager, and that went about how I thought it would. I worked with my manager on Tuesday and Thursday and both days went well. It made a big difference not having a completely stressful hearing at court before meeting him. There are still things I need to work on, but I'm quickly getting back into my game. I made some serious progress in some of my accounts this week alone.

My STBX and son went to Florida to visit relatives, and I'm sure my son had a lot of fun playing with his cousin. I didn't get to see him yesterday, but I get to see him Sunday, so life is good. It's been a week since I saw him, and I miss him. I just got an email from the STBX telling me that my son and his cousin had a great time playing together. I am really looking forward to seeing him - I need to buy a camcorder because I feel like all these times we have fun together are going to be lost. I sometimes imagine us sitting together someday watching videos of him and I playing. I keep thinking of him saying "Go race car!"

I've got a lot to do this weekend - I can look up now and see three grocery bags I didn't unpack yesterday when I got home. I have a lot of cleaning up to do because I haven't had enough time to keep things cleaned up during the week. Chris - can I borrow Dee?

A friend of my landlady is visiting, and one of her dogs is afraid of him for some reason. He used to play for the Patriots, literally years ago, and he's really an interesting guy. The really strange thing about the dog, however, is that he used to love the guy. They couldn't be separated from what I hear. Now the dog just lies on the floor next to me and looks longingly up the stairs. If I go up he'll follow, but he sticks close to me. Sometimes he starts to shake if he can hear the visitor talking.

I did get some very good news from my manager. I'll be getting a nice amount for my year-end bonus near the end of the month. My manager basically went to bat for me to make sure I kept it. You just have to love a manager like that.