Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Aren't Tuesdays Supposed To Be Better Than Mondays?

The car is going to cost a little more than I originally thought. The alternator needed to be replaced, and I just got a call that the axles need to be replaced. The shop called me and told me that they could do one right away and not charge me the labor because they had to take it out to replace the alternator anyway. I told them to go ahead and do it. So the total right now is going to be $610, and the other axle needs to be replaced, but not right away. That still makes the car a major bargain, so I’m pretty happy with that.

I had an interesting discussion with my landlady today. I wrote about the lunch I had with her and her guests on Sunday – it turns out the woman in the band is her cousin. Her cousin was apparently impressed with me because she called my landlady and asked if I was single. She’s got a friend she wants to introduce to me. What’s most interesting about this is that my resume and job loss was a topic of discussion at this meal. So my landlady’s cousin, knowing that I am unemployed, wants to introduce me to her good friend. Don’t women generally avoid unemployed men? I’ll have to ask L about that.

It’s amazing how much work it’s taking to get my “apartment” cleaned up. There was so much work stuff here that it looked like a bomb exploded when I got finished moving it all out. It gave me a good amount of space, though. It’s going to be nice to be living in a clean apartment again. I’m actually a little excited about it.

Wow. Just got great news – not. My attorney called and left me a message saying that she no longer wanted to represent me. Her reasons: I owe her a lot of money, she’s tired of getting yelled at by my STBX’s attorney because I can’t get her information fast enough. She also gets nasty calls from the opposition whenever my STBX makes some kind of complaint or accusation, which runs up the fees and I cannot keep up with that. The latest was a complaint that I was withholding information on finances, when in fact I don’t have it, it’s all in the condo. I can’t go to the condo and get it. There have also been some new complaints, the details of which I don’t know yet. Man, when it rains, it pours. I left my attorney a message asking her to reconsider, but I haven’t heard back from her yet.

Exciting day, eh?