Sunday, June 12, 2005

Just Call Me Locke...

Today I went to pick up a whole bunch of stuff at the condo. I was amazed at the things that were being returned to me. I was fairly sure that she had gotten rid of my hunting knife (I told you about it here), but it was placed in a box along with some other things. Some of the other things surprised me too. I had a little leatherman-type tool that I carried around for a while (I’ve since switched back to a regular swiss army knife) that disappeared. In fact, in the time I was married to her I seemed to be cursed. I could not keep a hold of my pocketknives – they just kept disappearing. Well, nearly all of them were returned to me today. I realized as I looked at all of them together (along with the hunting knife) that she had been taking them and hiding them. I say hiding them because she always claimed she didn’t know what had happened to them. You might question why I think she was hiding them instead of just happening to find them in the course of packing up all my stuff. It’s because, looking back now, I realize that she never complained that I was losing them and having to replace them. This was a woman who would complain if I went and bought a coffee at Dunkin Donuts if we were out of coffee at the house because it was a “waste of money”.

So now I have a surplus of knives. For those of you who don’t recognize the title of this post, Locke is a character from the TV show “Lost” who brought a bunch of knives with him in a suitcase. The little red swiss army knife is the one I carry with me know. I’ve owned several of them, but they never disappeared, only the bigger ones. The little ones I’d end up just breaking in one way or another. I was also surprised to find that the boxcutter-type knives had been taken. Those I never really thought twice of about losing, but apparently I didn’t lose all of them.

I have to wonder, seriously, if she had them examined by somebody to see if there were bloodstains on them. One of the things she thought at one point was that I owned the hunting knife so I could kill her with it. She had also decided that I had killed people in the past and hidden the bodies because I’d criticize the incompetent criminals on CSI and other shows.

I really don’t know why she suddenly decided to return them all. It seems strange, but I’m not going to complain.

An update on the kissing dreams – I didn’t have one last night. I was severely disappointed. I want more of them. It turns out that Marianna had a similar dream and posted about it. She also put a link up to a dream site that I went and checked out. It turns out, according to this site, that: If you are kissed by a stranger, then your dream is one of self-discovery. You need to get more acquainted with some aspect of yourself.

That’s pretty accurate. There are so many changes going on in my life right now that there are a lot of things I’m finding I have to learn all over again. So I’m hoping that my journey of self-discovery involves the dating aspect of my life, if for no other reason then I don’t want it to involve all the knives I find I suddenly own…