Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wish Me Luck Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the four-way meeting between myself and my attorney and the STBX and her attorney. I'm going to print out the pictures both of the garage pile and under the deck. I'm going to have bank statements to confront her about the extra withdrawal and the cleaning out of the accounts before I was served. That last one ought to be interesting. She may not have realized at the time that the divorce orders applied to me when I was served, but to her as soon as she filed with the clerk.

It's nice to have an idea of what her plans are ahead of time. She's going to try to convince us that I'm not entitled to any of the equity in the condo and that I should take on half of the debt. I've already decided just how far I'm willing to go and I plan on making it very, very clear to my attorney that if she can't accept it then we let the court decide what's fair. Since I'm being very generous I don't have much worry about that. Basically, I'm giving up between five and ten thousand dollars in equity in my offer.

I'm feeling the pain of working out, but the great mood it puts me in makes that more than worth it. Tomorrow morning I'm going to apply for a job, then head down to the meeting. The job is way below my capabilities, but it pays well and it looks like a great place to work. We'll see how that goes.

Ok, time to go to bed. There's way too much to think about, and I could be up half the night thinking if I'm not careful.