Sunday, July 10, 2005

Email For My Son

I have no idea if this will work out the way I hope it will, but I’m giving it a shot. I sent myself an invite to gmail and set up an account for my son in his name. I like the idea of him having his own email address that’s his name when he gets old enough to use it, and it allows me to do something else. I’m emailing him.

I’ve sent him a couple already. Basically, they go into things I would tell him now if he was old enough to understand. It’s part journal, part letter. I’m hoping that someday he can read through it when he gets older and see some of the things that went through my head and some of the things that he did that I want to remember. I’ve sent him a couple of funny stories already, things I might forget in a couple of years.

I’ve got to say, it’s a hell of a lot of fun.