Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My Experience With Brain-Sucking Aliens - I Blame Tom Cruise

They’re coming. I’ve lost track of how many days I’ve been down with what could only have been caused by some kind of Alien ray-gun. I’ve been so exhausted that I’ve slept most of the last week away. In the last few days it got worse – I was experiencing vertigo. If I sat up in bed I’d suddenly find myself staring up at the ceiling because I’d fallen back down. The room would be spinning and I didn’t dare get out of bed unless I crawled. I’m not kidding, I literally could not walk. Add that to the utter exhaustion and a mild, constant headache and I just didn’t want to move. I remembered earlier today that my son has had a rather constant ear infection the last couple of weeks, so maybe that has something to do with it. My ears don’t hurt, so who knows. I’ve decided to blame the entire thing on an alien ray-gun. If I didn’t have an FBI file already, I’m sure I now qualify. I awoke today still a little out of it, but able to walk and get around. And I was ravenous. I made a really good Indian dish (Chicken Khorma) that was both my lunch and dinner. I could go and eat more right now.

Combined with the exercise I’ve been doing the last few weeks and my Sleeping-Beauty experience has been an effective diet. Before today I’d eaten very little over the last week or so. Some here and some there. What’s really strange to me is that I recovered enough to see my son on Saturday. Maybe part of me just needed to see him.

In other news, I became the uncle to a new baby girl this last week. I was going to go and see my brother’s new little girl on Sunday, but I literally slept right through Sunday and Monday. I’m sure they have more family than they can deal with right now, so a little delay won’t hurt. There’s another problem: I think the water pump in my car is going. I’ve been hearing a ringing noise and on Saturday I started smelling burnt coolant. I want to check that out before I try to drive any real distance.

I have to pace myself to get caught up in posting – my current delicate constitution only allows so much exertion right now. I’ll have to post news on the power struggle my son recently had with the STBX, but that’ll come when I have more energy. Nothing like a good taunting, eh?