Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Day of Good News

Today was a really interesting day. I spoke with my contact and was told that both he and the interviewer had discovered that the procedure for hiring at the company had been changed. It appears that now the managers are not the ones to call new hires to make an offer – it’s now done by HR. The manager put the paperwork in for me today, and did it at a much higher salary than we were expecting. Can’t complain about that.

I also got to speak to one of my cousins who I haven’t talked to in far, far too long. It was good to talk to her. We emailed some pictures back and forth, me of my son and I, her of her sister and her. They’re the first pictures I’ve seen of her in about 10 years. They were pretty young girls, but both of them have grown up, and they’ve turned into beautiful young women. How in the world did that happen in 10 years?

I’ve also begun construction of some new enclosures for when all of you ship me your relatives/enemies/teachers etc. I bought most of the cage material from local Daycares. Used cages are pretty cheap.