Tuesday, August 09, 2005

An Interesting Day...

It’s been an interesting day, and I’m taking some time to relax. I’ve been studying hard for my interview tomorrow, which might or might not help me. It’s a client support role for a major networking company, and I’m being referred by somebody who is very popular there. He brought my resume to his supervisor who brought it to his boss, and they said that they felt I’d fit into the client support position.

I’ve decided that it’s time to file a complaint against my attorney, who is now my former attorney. She called me earlier today and left me a message. It started with “As you know, we are due in court tomorrow…” I was livid. This is the third time she’s called me the day before a court date to let me know about it. Her office had called me last week and left a message for me saying that they had information for me. They called me again, leaving no message. I called the office back, got no answer, and left a message asking what the information was and giving my phone number and my email address for them to get back to me. I never heard from them again until today. She also said in her message that she had tried to email me and that it had bounced back. That has been her excuse for not letting me know things every time she called me at the last minute.

I emailed her after I got her message. I was mad for a couple of reasons. I had told her a month ago that I didn’t want to sign the agreement and that we needed to work on it. She ignored that – today’s message said that the agreement was ready to sign. I told her I didn’t understand why she was having so many problems with her email. I went on to explain that I didn’t want to sign the agreement because I was concerned with the bankruptcy, and that I wanted to go back to mediation concerning my visitation because I’m not satisfied with it.

She wrote me back and claimed that she had proof that her office contacted me more than twice about today’s date. I’m going to ask her to send me over any proof she has about her contacting me. I’m also going to tell her to forward me the email that she claimed bounced back to her today in her message since she can now miraculously get email to me. I’m not going to tip my hand as to what I plan to do, but I’m willing to bet she will claim to have deleted the email that bounced back. It will be interesting to find out about the “proof” she has as to contacting me. I saved the message her office left me last week and I listened to it before I wrote out the email to her to make sure I didn’t just miss the date. I didn’t.

I’ve got the other issues with her, such as her advice that, had I followed it, would have had me committing a felony. Or her advice regarding the STBX’s bankruptcy. I’m going to get an answer for that one quick, because I now have her advice in writing. If she’s right, that would be great. If not, it’s another thing to put into a complaint.

I emailed her just a few minutes ago asking her to forward me the email that she claims bounced back and the proof that she has about me being contacted more than twice about tomorrow’s court date. We’ll see what comes out of that.