Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Send Me That Annoying Uncle...

I wrote in this post that I was thinking of sacrificing some of my relatives to Thor to appease his anger towards me. In the comments I received an offer from Jay (who pounds her fist for gentle emphasis, heh heh) to send me some of her relatives to help me out. We worked out a deal – she pays for shipping, I do the sacrificing. Everybody wins.

Thor, however, has not finished with me. I went out to check out the hornet nest yesterday and found it was laying on the ground. What I found more disturbing were all the hornets that were crawling on it. As you might recall it was sprayed down with insecticide the other day and seemed to be dead. My guess is that some hatching has been going on. I’m pretty sure that one of them was holding a little mallet – not exactly a subtle message.

So, I’m going to open up the offer to everybody. Should you have some relatives you’d like to get rid of and are willing to pay for shipping, I’ll gladly add them to the sacrifice to get Thor off my back.