Monday, August 15, 2005

This Is Getting Utterly Ridiculous

Still no word on the job, and I’m going on the assumption that no news is good news. The manager told me that he would be in touch early this week so I’ll probably hear tomorrow.

I finally received the check from my old manager for my last expense report and yes, they shorted it. By several hundred dollars. No explanation, just a check folded into a blank sheet of paper. So now I have to contact my last manager and find out what’s going on. I’m getting very sick of dealing with this. I should have received this check at the end of May, and here it is the middle of August. Over that time I called Payroll a couple of times and did not once receive a call back. When I emailed my old manager about it he asked me for the number of the report, knowing that there wouldn’t be one associated with it. He then took about two weeks to “look into it” and finally get the check sent out. Now I find it’s a lot less than it should be.

I don’t understand why companies do this to people. This is supposed to be a company that takes very good care of it’s employees, but in my experience they’ve done nothing but screw around and try to take advantage in every possible way. Maybe they’re partners with Best Buy.