Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Looking Forward To A Life Renewed

I start my new job on Monday, and I can’t wait. I’m finding that I’m extremely bored sitting here at home. I should go somewhere, but I can’t think of many places to go that won’t cost me money I don’t need to be spending right now. So I try to get things done here, some of which will put me a little further ahead when I start. I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to do over the next few months. I’m really looking forward to it.

I want to find a place to live that’s closer to where I’m going to be working. Right now it’s a bit of a commute – it’s not too bad, but at $3.35 a gallon (at last check 2 days ago) I want to minimize said commute. Finding a place to live will be a fun adventure. I’m not in a huge rush, so I can be a little selective about it and find a place that suits my needs more closely.

I need to find a new attorney, and this time I’m going to be asking some very specific questions before I hire somebody. I want them to be more aggressive in helping me get more time with my son and preventing the STBX from making my life more difficult. I’m going to make it clear that I want to lay down some demands about visitation – if she won’t stop interfering then we make her life much more difficult. The visitation issue is my biggest concern, followed by making sure that I don’t get completely cheated in a financial settlement. If I can get these issues settled then I can let the divorce proceed and be done with it.

The Holidays are coming! I know, it’s too early for most people to be thinking about them, but I love the holidays and last year was very difficult. Halloween and Thanksgiving were very close after the whole ambush, which, when combined with being separated from my son in such a cruel manner made it very hard to enjoy them. Christmas would have been better but I got sick – probably the flu – and was in bed for most of the holiday. The thought of starting to plan tomorrow appeals to me so maybe I’ll make a few phone calls to family to get the ball rolling.

Fall has always been my favorite season. I love the weather and the changing of the leaves. I used to (years ago) watch football – that’s one thing I think I’m going to take up again. Tivo is going to make it easier.

There’s a lot to look forward to, and even though I start Monday it’s hard to wait.