Sunday, October 30, 2005

One of Those Boring "Update" Posts

Selmathena is now sending me threats of bodily injury should I not get some posts up, so I am putting together this post in a panic. I am not a man who scares easily, but I find I fear the husky-voiced wrath of that Texan and her gravelly-voiced Canadian Cohort.

Lots has happened this last week, where to start?

Unfortunately, things have not worked out with the woman I was dating. To put it simply she couldn’t find time to see me. There’s a little more to it than that, but it’s not really worth writing about. So the match.com profile goes back up. I’ve been partnering with another blogger on match.com, we screen each other’s possibilities and give advice. It’s a huge help having a member of the opposite sex helping you out with something like this. I’m not the type to send out winks (for those of you who don’t know, a wink is just that – it says nothing beyond “I find you interesting”), I send out an email if I find somebody. I don’t send out all that many, at least I don’t think so. I’ve emailed six women, only one has emailed me back, but then I only sent the first out yesterday. I have talked to men who send out (literally) 50 or so winks in one sitting. I call that the shotgun approach, I just can’t do it that way.

I’ve had a minor cold all week. It’s given me a stuffy nose and (for about 4 hours) a sore throat. If that were the extent of it, it would have been no problem, but the hardest part was that it drained me. I was exhausted for most of the week, and thankfully I came back to close to normal today in time to see my son. Yesterday I woke up late, took a nap after breakfast, had a second cup of coffee at noon, could barely move off the couch most of the day, and wobbled my way to bed. I’ll sleep well tonight, even though I’m feeling better.

I closed out my first case at work last week. True, it was a very easy case, but I had to start someplace. I would have closed another, but the guy I was working with has not called me back. I’m told that that sort of thing happens a lot. These cases cost a minimum of $700 each to the companies calling, so they like to keep them open and try to work another problem into an existing case whenever possible. I left a message for the guy saying that if I didn’t hear from him by the close of business Monday that I’d go ahead and close the case. I probably won’t hear from him – it was also an easy case. I’m lucky to be working with the other new hire. He’s worked in the field (in fact, for this very company) before, and I’ve found that our knowledge and skill levels are complimentary. He’s also got the same sense of humor I do, which has other people in the office a little fearful of starting any joke wars with us.

I am currently watching the Patriots preparing to come back against the Bills. Don’t argue with me, it’s going to happen. I have a feeling I won’t be able to stay up much longer, however. I think it’ll be time for me and the bedbugs to wrassle it out for the bed in just a few minutes.