Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Ex Has Found A Job

Yes, that’s right. And it’s made my last few interactions with her much more pleasant. This is good news for a number of reasons. One is that her relief puts her in a good mood and she doesn’t seem so inclined to persecute me. It’s not just that it makes my life easier – I’m happy for her because I remember what it was like to be unemployed. It’s highly stressful and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

I told her that she should look closely at the Health Insurance plan her new employer offered and compare it to the one I’ve put our son on. I told her to choose whichever one was better for her. I’m hoping that she honestly chooses the one that is best for our son.

Speaking of him, he’s doing very well. He had a cold the last time I saw him, but this last weekend he was feeling much better. He still had a little cold, but nothing serious. While it was not serious, it was the cause of a little bit of excitement at the mall. We had finished lunch about a half hour before, and spent some time at the Reactrix (if you haven’t seen one of these at a mall, go check out the website. They are definitely cool). My son’s favorite game on it is the little race cars (of course) that race around a track. He runs with them saying “They’re chasing me!” or simply “Race cars!”. So, once we finished playing at the Reactrix we started walking again. He started coughing, and he said “Daddy, I feel sick”. I had just enough time to get him out of the stroller before he stopped feeling sick and actually got sick. He now has a new outfit and I have a new shirt. I must say that I was simply amazed at how many people (or should I say ‘women’?) stopped to ask me if I needed help.

It took a little while to help clean up (I didn’t feel right leaving the poor women who work as cleaning people to clean it all up) but once that was done we went on our merry way.

Work has been very busy, but I’m really enjoying it. I’m learning fast and I’m starting to feel like I’m contributing at a decent level. I’m actually providing answers to some of my coworkers now, which makes me feel great. It’s a very established team, and they have no problem going to get information from somebody, whether they’re a new guy or not. I think that’s a great attitude to have.

Tomorrow night I’ll have to write up why clowns everywhere are debating whether or not I should be named their king. Stay tuned.